Dear Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund Friends and Supporters,
September 20th will mark nine years since I lost my mother to her addiction. Each year I look back on that day and think about the pain I felt, the guilt that developed, and what my life would be like if she was still here. It’s definitely one of those days that will never leave me, but this year is different.
This year, on September 20th, marks the 1st Anniversary of the Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund. Going forward my thoughts will not only be about my mother, but about the good things the LMM Fund will do in the years to come.
In our first year we have accomplished so much and provided support to an amazing individual who’s lost a parent to substance abuse.
Here are a few highlights from our first year:
- Danielle Olson featured on KIIS FM discussing the Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund – The LMM Fund Community Council Interview on KIIS FM
- The LMM Fund sponsored a scholarship for the Wait 21 program – LMM Fund Sponsors Wait 21 Scholarship
- Our 1st Annual Softball Tournament raised over $1,000 for the scholarships we provide – LMM Fund 1st Annual Softball Tournament A Success!
- We brought on a wonderful volunteer who will be coordinating our Social Media pages – Introducing Our Social Media Coordinator
- We chose our very first scholarship recipient providing $1,000 towards her education! – 2016 Scholarship Award Announcement
To celebrate our 1st year, I’m asking for your support. We have set a goal of raising $1,000 during the month of September. Any amount you can provide will help us reach our goal, whether it’s $10, $25, $50 or $100 dollars. So far we’ve raised $100 and only need another $900 to reach our goal.
Please help us reach our goal by donating and sharing our story. Your support means everything to us and the students we help.
Danielle Olson – Founder, President & CEO